Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Transfers

Mi Querido Familia,
Family!!!!! How's everybody this week? It sounds like it has actually
been a very exciting and eventfilled World Series this year. I was so
excited to hear about Albert Pujols and his three homeruns. That's too
bad they lost their game on Sunday but I'm sure they'll pull through
once they get to St. Louis. I'm glad to hear that the birthday was
really good too. The ONE thing I really still miss about the food in
the states is the Mexican Food. In my mind I usually count the days
until I can eat a really awesome burrito (little donkey) or some
tacos. Mom, you are very welcome for the sweater. I thought long and
hard and spent a great deal of time shopping around for it. It
represents a great sacrifice from all of us so please enjoy and just
know how much we love you.

This past week actually went by pretty fast. It seemed like every
night when I was about to fall asleep like I was just doing that like
an hour before. Its pretty crazy how the time really does just FLY by.
I also can't really believe that I'm creeping up on a year. What's
more incredible is that I've been here in my area for six whole weeks.
Today (this morning at 1:00 am) they called me for the transfers. I'm
staying here and I'll be getting a brand new baby elder to train. I
guess the president still trusts me enough to let me try to train
again this transfer. His name is Elder Parra from Colombia. He'll be
getting here on Wednesday so I still have two more days with my temp
Leonel.

Speaking of my temps. They really have helped me a lot and I've
learned so much by going through this stage in my mission. I think it
prepared me a little bit more on how to train somebody. I'm far from
being a perfect missionary and sometimes I do feel inadequate but when
we trust in the Lord we can do anything he asks us to do. My first
temp Luis leaves for the CCM tomorrow to go to Bolivia. He's a good
friend of mine now and I look foward to writing him and seeing how
he's doing in La Paz for the next two years. My comp Leonel is a
recent convert of 4 months but knows a lot about the gospel. He has
introduced me to almost all of his friends and has helped me to get
some new investigators that way. I really realized how much more
effective it is to just go and teach the members' friends and family
members. Not every single person that we introduce to the missionaries
is going to get baptized super quick but a greater percentage will get
baptized than total strangers to the church. I think that sometimes we
are afraid to introduce our friends to the missionaries becuase we
think they will reject us or the gospel. That may be true at first but
eventually most people feel the need one day to talk to the
missionaries again. We just have to always be willing to help them.
The Lord knows His children and He also knows who needs the Gospel in
their lives. This was very evident with Leonel's friend Efrain. Efrain
wants to be baptized and will do it on the 5th of November. It has
been such a cool experience teahing a truly prepared person that was a
reference from a member. I hope you all can help the missionaries to
use their time for teaching and not knocking doors all day.

The Lord is aware of our circumstances and only wants the best for us.
If our life isn't going the way we want, maybe we need to repent and
come unto him. Thank you for all of your support and prayers I feel
them every day.

I hope to hear good news this coming week.

Love,
Your Brother and Son

Elder Child

No comments: