Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Happy Halloween/Mi Hijo Part Dos

Hola Querido Familia,
Hey Family What is Happening?!!!,

Firstly and most importantly I would like to wish my Grandpa Urbane a 
very Happy Birthday!!! I can't believe he's still making everybody laugh. I thought of my grandpa especially during general conference when Elder Cook talked about a general authority named Alma Sonne. If my Line of Authority is correct I believe Alma ordained grandpa to be a High Priest which is very interesting. I find connections with people all the time.

Alright, of second importance. I'm a new father!!!! My son's name is 
Elder Parra and he's from Bogota Columbia. He's actually really cool and we get along just fine. I think he was missing his family for a little bit but now he's working really hard. He inspires me to be a better missionary and to always set a good example. This week was really good. Something super weird happened at church. We walk around all day and talk to random people about the gospel and we give out free pamphlets and invite people to church. We were talking to a young police officer saturday night at like seven. We talked to him and his girlfriend for like a minute maybe. Turns out he actually came to church becuase he lives right in front of it. He's a really cool guy and I'm excited to see his progress in the gospel. It is very frustrating though because the ward boundary makes it so that the other side of the street in front of the church is NOT our ward, so he will have to be taught by some other missionaries. Oh well, the Lord does things for reason.

So, of third importance, Happy Halloween!!!!!!! I hope you all dress
up as scarey people (just put on your normal clothes and people will be scared enough). Hahahahah. Somebody said the most popular costume in Utah is a missionary costume, maybe you could fake that. I hope you all have a good time, I hope to scare people with the gospel and the power of the spirit.

I wish we had couple missionaries in my mission. I definately 
encourage mom and dad to do everything possible to be able to one day serve a mission. They can definately add a sense of maturity that sometimes is laking here in the mission. I know that with more sacrifice, your mission will mean a lot more to you. You wont waste time, and most likely will work harder and take it seriously.

Thanks for all of your support and love. I have definately felt my
Father in Heaven's blessings this week and I know it is becuase of your prayers.

Till next week,


Elder Child













What? Did you think I forgot about my team? GO
CARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you hear me screaming in my mind???? Becuase i am really loudly!!!! That just makes my whole mission service worth it! Oh, and all the people I help too, that part is pretty important. But seriously, I'm soo happy. The only bad thing is that I'm not going to be able to see the games for at least another year. Oh yah, Happy birthday in the mission to me on Thursday. Can't believe it's actually been a whole year. Mostly because the weather here is always the same, warm and sunny. It seems like its been summer for like a year now. It's funny that mom said Alex wants to be a missionary when he grows up becuase 90% of the people here think he is older than me. Also, I've grown a little bit on the mission too. You can't really see it in my pictures but I've grown at least an inch maybe a tiny bit more. I measured myself against an elder that is 6 foot 3 and I'm almost the same heighth. Interesting!!!

No comments: