Monday, October 17, 2011

Happy Birthday Mom!

¿Comò Estaìs Familia?
What is Up my dear fam fam? I'm glad to hear that you are all doing
well, (especially Alex). I don't think you can hear me screaming in my
mind or through the old computadora, but I am. Why? Because the Cards
are awesome!!!!!!!!! I knew that my Heavenly Father loved me enough to
look out for my team, the Big Red Birds (just made that nickname up,
probably won't every use it again its lame). I also know that this HAS
to be a trial for me thought becuase He knows that I can't watch the
games, patience, patience. I'm also glad to hear the the Utes beat the
Panthers over there in Pittsburg. Alls well in the States it seems.
One of the things I don't really miss all that much is the snow, but
the leaves turning colors I actually do miss. Hope you all get to
appreciate the leaves in the fall time.

Wow, just lost my train of thought for a second but I think I'll be
okay. Where was I, oh yay, this week for me. This week for me was
pretty awesome, seriously. I was able to go on splits with the zone
leaders for a day and it gave me a new outlook on how I can work with
my new temp Leonel. We worked hard and we had some good experiences
too. Also this week we found and started teaching a family. We're
teaching the mom, her four children, and one of the son's girlfriend.
The problem is that the son and his girlfriend aren't married so it's
going to be awhile until they can get baptized. They actually came to
church this week though, so that was pretty cool. We also found my
temp's friend Efrain. He saw the change that took place in Leonel's
life and wants to change too, so now he's listening to us. He actually
prays and reads and likes to listen, so I think he'll get baptized the
5th of November, easy.

I learned a lot this week and have felt the blessings of persistence
and hard work. Sometimes in the mission field we don't really see all
the blessings for all of our work. Sometimes we talk to many people
and get rejected. Often times I think that it was something I said or
didn't say and that's why the person didn't accept us, so I feel bad.
But I learned that if we're honestly trying to help the person and we
have the Spirit, it really doesn't matter that much what we say. Last
week we gave a blessing to a little girl of one of our investigators.
The little girl had an eye infection and was getting to the point
where her mom needed to buy medicine, the problem is that she didn't
really have the money to buy the medicine (I didn't know this at that
point). Her friend is a member and later the member friend told us
that the little girl's eyes were all cleared up the next day and she
didn't have to buy medicine with what little money she had. She said
thanks for all that we had done and that she could feel our Father in
Heaven's love for her when we visit her. I was pretty blown away and I
felt very grateful for the love that God has for the little ones, no
matter where we live or who we are. We are all His children and He
wants to help us, we just have to come unto Him.

Next week should be interesting. We are preparing somebody for their
baptism this week, and hopefully we can get four baptisms next week.
The work keeps going on and I'm super grateful to be a part of it.
Thanks for all the support and all the prayers. I really have felt the
blessings this week and I know who they come from.

Elder Child

You all probably thought I forgot about Mommy didn't you? HAPPY
BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR MOMMY,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!

I wish you a happy birthday from the bottom of my heart mom, I hope
you have a great day and that you can enjoy yourself. The Big 49,
almost cincuenta!!!!!!! Too bad I'll miss the peaking of the hill next
year but I'm sure it will be cool too. Thank you for your example in
my life and for all of your love. You have always been my rock and the
discipline in my life. If I have any appearance of goodness in me it
is definately becuase of you. You always helped (sometimes forced) me
to be a better person and a true disciple of Christ. THANKS!!!!

P.S. Sooo jealous of Ryan Vaughn. He should really love it there. Tell
him Hi for me, and good luck, he'll do great.

No comments: