Monday, October 17, 2011

First Baptism in Moquegua

Hey family,
Im soooooooo stoked to hear that Cards advanced to the NL Championship
against the Brewers!!!!!!!! They actually took down the huge pitchers
over there in Philly, Im impressed. (Sorry about no question marks, my
keyboard is not very high tech this week). What disapoints me is the
Utes obviously. Also, I would like to hear these kinds of things from
my number one best friend, my brother. Somebody give him a big hug for
me, I know he feels lonely sometimes. Thats okay (also excuse the
absence of apostrophes), I know that he is busy and also taking care
of Grandpa. I was really impressed when I heard the story of how
President Monson cared for his grandpa so much in his youth and that
is what made his wife like him even more. I would be caring for my
dear grandparents, but unfortunately I cant so I glad that Alex is
doing it while Im gone.

Sorry about the snow to those of you who dont enjoy it. I know that
Karyn will enjoy it so keep that in mind. Im sorry that Mom has to
work so much and is stressed out. Just keep it up Mom, the Lord will
bless you for your sacrifice. You youngens should help Mom out just a
little bit, she does so much for us. I just want to tell you all to
calm down and stop bugging the church with my little companion
problem. I really am doing fine. We are doing good in my area. And, Im
not the only one in this situation. There are twelve more people just
like me in this situation. What happened is that 20 people left the
mission field last transfer and only 7 came from the MTC, so there is
a shortage of missionaries. President didnt want to shut down 13 areas
all at once so he is using temps to ease the stress. Next change, if
there is a shortage of missionaries, he has to shut areas to keep
missionaries with missionaries. I kind of regret telling you about my
situation, but I thought it was only fair to tell you.

We are actually doing really well here. We just had our first baptism
here in this area. She is 20 years old, her parents and recent
converts, and she has a real testimony of the Church. Her name is
Maria Alejandra and she got baptized on Saturday afternoon. It was a
good service and I felt the spirit. This week all in all was good even
though I had some struggles about my temporal. Luis left this morning
and I got a new one named Leonel. He is going to be with me until the
end of this month. Dont worry about me Im doing fine. My health is
good and so is the weather. I just have to learn some things in this
difficult situation. Something I realized is that I dont have the
Godly patience with single mothers. I never really understood the
complaints, till now. Like a missionary companionship, a marriage
should have two dedicated individuals. But if the mom or dad is alone,
there is way more responsibility and stress. Ive definately learned
that, I dont really have anyone to rely on or depend on right now,
just my Father In Heaven. It has taught me a lot about how it would be
to be a single parent and I have that much more respect for them now.

I gave a talk in sacrament meeting with a five minute notice
beforehand. I talked about applying what we learn here in church. I
love the scripture in James 1. 27. I encourage you all to read it. I
love the savior, I love this work. Even thought Im not perfect and
maybe I dont always work as hard as I possibly could, I love this
work. Thank you for all your support and prayers. I love you all and
the people here in Peru.

Love,
Elder Child

P.S. Thanks for the You Can Do It card, it really made me laugh.
P.S.S I feel bad that I havent sent you a lot of pictures for like 6
months. Next week I should be sending some. Just be patient with me.

No comments: