Monday, October 3, 2011

Mi Hijo

Hola Familia!!!!!!!!!

First of all I just want to tell you how pumped up I was to hear about
the Utes and BYU game on Saturday. I was a little worried just becuase
they lost to USC the other week. Josh was telling me that it was
actually a pretty close game and that they could have tied it with a
last second field goal but it got blocked, that's sad. But it sounds
like they are doing pretty good.I was also happy to hear about the
successful date outing that my lil bro had this past week. Girls are
actually sometimes pretty interesting to be around, some wisdom I've
acquired here in the old mission. I also feel a little sorry for Dad
and the whole sacrament job. Sometimes the best talks we give though
are the ones we have to rely more on the spirit. I feel for you Dad
becuase I've had to give a few on the spot talks in sacrament meeting
so I know what it feels like. It's a little bit harder to do it in
spanish though, especially when you first start.

My week was pretty crazy, I'm not going to lie. First of all, I had to
sleep with somebody so I wasn't alone on Monday night. I hung out with
a teenager from a different ward. His name is Carlos and he got
baptized a year and a half ago by an elder that went home the day I
got here. That is pretty crazy to think about. The next day (Tuesday)
I had to be with a different priest named Wilfredo. He's pretty cool.
He just got his call to go to the Lima North mission. I can't remember
if I told you that this area used to be a sisters area, but a lot of
the members were sooo happy to see Elders again in these wards. I'm in
charge of two wards: Central and Portillo. I was pretty lost for a
while because there wasn't anybody that could show me my area, but I
figured it out eventually. The old people that we live with aren't
members but they have a daughter that is, so that's why they let us
live there.

My companion finally got here Wednesday night. His name is Elder
Punguil, and he's from Guayaquil Equador. He's the only member in his
family. He got baptized three years ago, and he's 21 right now. He
said he was pretty sad and that he talked to the MTC president about
going home but the president convinced him to stay. I told him that it
was okay that he was sad for a little bit, but that we are going to
work with some amazing people and then he will feel better after that.
Turns out he really doesn't want to be here. I honestly tried for
three days to work, to contact people, to teach and to help him all
that I could, but it wasn't really enough. I was really sorry to hear
that he told me he doesn't have a testimony and he doesn't really know
why he got baptized. I really tried to help him but he's going to talk
to the president today. I was sad for awhile but I'm okay now.

This sunday we had a special conference for all of Peru. It was good
to hear from Elder Christofferson and the Prophet.

Well, that's about all the time I have this week, please pray for me.

Elder Child

P.S. I would like to know what the new dog looks like please. Pictures
(Nicole)=)

No comments: