Thursday, May 3, 2012

Couldn't Think of a Subject, So Pictures

Hey Family,

Well this Monday I was blessed to hear from a few of my family members and friends and was a little occupied writing them so I don't have a ton of time right now. These are some pictures from my last couple weeks and mishchief! Did you know that there are still dinosuars in Peru? Well, we had some fun with them for a little while. My comp is crazy and so we go together well becuase I'm not crazy at all, have to come out of my shell a little bit more! The ward is sooo cool, they bought us pizza on Tuesday!! Hawaiin Barbeque Chicken was so delicious!!! There's also a picture of our zone playing soccer the other day, I have a few friends there that are cool!

This week went by super quick and came up on me like a theif in the night. I love quoting scripture, we always do it usually during soccer games, instead of swearing!!! Great alternative, right? We talked with the sister who didn't get baptized this past week, Edna. She had some doubts but on Wednesday she said she wanted to get baptized this next Saturday. So hopefully we'll have a baptism this week!!

We went on splits this week, I was with the zone leader from Virginia, Elder Johnson. He's a good friend, super obedient and good stuff always happens when we do splits. We found a guy who contacted us while we were talking to another guy on a motorcycle. He was so prepared by the Lord becuase he has a sincere desire to know which path to take with his life.

In our area we had a lot of love by the ward members. They bought us pizza, we had ward mission night with tons of sandwichs and soda and last night we said goodbye to the first councilor in the bishopbric who is moving to another "state". He gave us some ties and TONS of food. We've been happy this week and I think that this month we'll have a ton of success!!!

Thanks for all of your prayers and support. Sorry about the short letter. Did you know that charity isn't just a good thing to have, it is necessary for our salvation (see Moroni 7:48)? I love the mission, only 6 months left to proclaim the gospel!!!!

Elder Child

P.S. What does the revelation, "every member a missionary" mean?

















No comments: