Monday, May 7, 2012

Moving Day

Hey Family,
This week was super awesome!!!! I was so happy to see my family (thanks for the pictures Karyn) and to hear about all of you. I'm guessing spring is pretty much here by now and there isn't much snow. It's super amazing how time flies. It seems like just yesterday that I was calling for Christmas and there was snow on the ground over there in Utah. Now that Karyn is home I bet there's a little more noise and a lot more laughs!!! I truly can relate with moving people to different rooms, that's exactly what we did this past week.

So we've kind of been looking for a new room the past couple of weeks. The problem was that we didn't know where to look and who could give us the food. My area is pretty huge and so we didn't want to walk like two miles just to eat breakfast. So we made a comment to the ex branch president one night at like 8 oclock that we were thinking about moving and he got on the phone and called a sister and said, "Hey when can the missionaries move into your house?" and she was like "Ya, come on over and look at the room and you can come tomorrow with all your stuff." My comp and I were like, WHAT?!!! That was cool. So we went over there and it was all good. The next day, Friday, we moved all our stuff to her house. It was all soooo fast.

This sister is super cool. Her and her two teenage sons are members. Her husband still isn't, but he's cool. They are SUPER rich compared to all the other people here. They want to give us their whole third floor to live in but the bathroom isn't finished yet. So we are living in their guest room for a couple of weeks till they finish it. Sister Nadine is awesome!!! She is a stay at home mom in the huge house so she has the whole day to cook for us and she cooks good!!!! The best thing about the house is that they are like the only people with a hot water heater!!! So it was like the first time in more than a year that I showered with really hot (actually steaming) water!!!

Also a cool thing is that they have a mini dachshund like Lucy except that she is black, not brown!! I pretty much flipped out when I saw her. This week we had Edna's baptism and most of the ward showed up. It went over really well. She is slowly warming up to the idea of being an active social member of the ward. This week I really felt the Lord's blessings and love. We were really bad with our numbers coming up on Sunday but that afternoon we found 6 new  investigators and two families (which like never happens) and I know that if we are diligent we will see the progress of these new people.

I'm excited about calling on Sunday. I should be able to call at 2 oclock your time, I hope that's okay. It's going to be weird trying to talk in English for such a long time, but I'll try. Just don't laugh at me!!! I know the church is true and that the more we trust in the scriptures the more faith we'll have to follow the commandments!!!

Love,

Elder Child

P.S. We even have a rug in our room!!!
P.S.S. And our own GYM!!! (Seriously)

No comments: