Monday, May 28, 2012

Moving Day, Again

Hey Family,

It was so good to hear from all of you this week and the stuff you did. I'm happy that summer is slowing coming around even though it doesn't seem that way. Hope Nicole's b'day party was pretty cool I didn't hear about it. I kind of forgot that Alex is graduating this week, congrats lil bro!!! I actually kind of wanted to be there for that but being here in Peru is where I need to be. I wanted to hear your name get called on the microphone and the whole stadium cheer for you, someone has to record that!!! Also, congrats for the Aguila (Eagle)! Really wish I could have been there but I know you'll have a good time. Save a seat for me in the Eagle's Nest!!!!!

So this week was pretty good for us. We talked a lot about working with the members this week. We as missionaries have to learn how to visit the members more and to get references. Sometimes we ourselves have a hard time thinking about how to encourage the members to give references but the Spirit helps. So we visit a strong family who already gave a family reference to the others missionaries before I got there. I wasn't sure if they were ready to give more references but we went to their house. They are super cool! We were talking and they already knew why we were there so they said, hey we've got two other families that were hearing the missionaries before but didn't get baptized becuase they went on vacation and didn't meet up again with the missionaries. Also, there's going to be two young men coming to ward sports night tonight and they could listen too. I was pretty stunned. They were definately prepared by the Lord to give us some references this week. I hope these references will turn out well I'm excited.

Friday and Saturday were kind of down days becuase my companion was sick. He suffers from migrains already and Saturday he woke up with a big migrain. We tried to work for a while but he just couldn't do it. I had a good time to study for the whole day though. Well we actually accomplished something big this week. We moved from the guest room to the third floor!! We had to clean all the cement dust off the wood floor and it took forever to do it but we did it. Now we have an awesome view of Misti and the gym is right next to our room.

Thanks for all the love and support and all your prayers. Unfortunately I ran out of time this week. Sorry for the kind of short letter. I hope all goes well this week and you all have a good time in the Court of Honor and the Graduation.

Elder Child

No comments: