Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

What up Fam,
It was so incredibly good to talk to you all yesterday afternoon for el Dia de la Madre. I hope it all went well for all of you at church and whatever else you guys did. I was pretty self conscious about my voice and english but I hope you all understood me and it wasn't too funny to hear me. I can never really get used to talking long distance on the phone becuase I just want to talk and talk and talk and tell you all about all the people I meet and all the stuff that happens to me on a daily basis. I have to thank Karyn for sending me the pictures of me when I was huge!! I've already shown some of my friends and they absolutely can't believe that I was that size before. It was pretty funny!!!!

This week was pretty awesome besides the phone call. This week we worked quite a bit with some less active families. Turns out that they are pretty awesome people!!! What happens here in Peru is that most people absolutely fall in love with the missionaries (becuase we're awesome) but when the missioaries leave and the ward doesn't friendship the new members they slowly fall away and stop coming. Well, I just want to tell you all to try to make friends with the new converts and the less actives. It doesn't matter if they're weird or you don't have anything in common with them, they are children of our Father in Heaven and they need our love. There's this one family that is having marriage problems so we are now their marriage councilors. That's always interesting to do as a 20 year old kid who has never been married. But we felt the spirit really strong testifying to them that the gospel is true and that families really can be together forever and that they need to put thier priorities in order in order to recieve exaltation. I was soooooo thankful for the example that my parents have given me. Nobody is perfect, we all mess up and get on each others nerves, but my parents never called it quits when they had some little disagreements, they always worked it out and tried to help each other. I testify that if we really try to become like the savior and try to see people as god sees them, we will always have a good relationship with our family.

I love you all lots and hope this week goes by super well. Don't have toooo much fun without me!!! Say hi to everybody in the ward and tell them that they are awesome. When I don't know how to work with the ward here, I think, "What would the Heritage Ward do?" and it helps. Living in Zion was such a blessing!!!

Love,

Elder Child

P.S. Did the Ensign get there yet?

P.S.S. There was a big earthquake just south of us this morning in Tacna. The sister in our house freaked out and came down to check on her new "sons" at 5:00 in the morning but we were fast asleep, just thought I'd let you know that we are taken care of.

No comments: