Monday, May 21, 2012

Transfers

Hey Family,
It's been so good to hear from all of you this week. I'm glad alls good in Zion and that everyone's still alive! It sounds like everybody's busy with work and finishing up with school. That's going to be really weird when Alex is just working and being a grown up. I remember going to Jackling in the mornings with alex and coming home with him too. That seems like an eternity away!!! Seminary Graduation is a pretty special event. I'm grateful for all the things I learned in seminary and that we could do it at school. Here, they have seminary at 5:30 in the morning then they go to school, it's crazy!! I don't think I'd be that dedicated!!!

This week was pretty much like most other weeks. We came back into contact with a lady that we were teaching more than a month ago. She moved away then we thought, ya maybe she'll find the missionaries over there on the other side of town. Well we ran into her the other week and she still wants to hear us and even accepted a baptismal date! We just have to get her to go to church. She is a seamstress and lives just with her teenage daughter that has mental health issues so she doesn't make a lot of money and is super stressed sometimes. So when she gets work she takes it. It just so happens that this past Sunday she got a huge order and took the work. I hope she'll see the blessings that come for some sacrifices.

Pretty much the rest of this week was filled with trying to get some new investigators. We are going to some really far away places because we've never been there before. I love my area becuase it is a lot of farms and huge open spaces away from the city. There's a lot of good people who accept an appointment to come and teach them but they rarely show up the next day, it's frustrating!! My area also has a lot of little towns but they are the few last "traditional" arequipanean towns which just means they see missionaries and come out with their Virgin Mary altars and swear the virgin saved their lives!!! Its a little funny sometimes but also, frutstrating.

This Sunday we talked in church and I went last as always. I like going last becuase Peruvians love to talk and they don't ever leave me time!! My talk was about how even though we've done things a lot of times (like trying to invite people to get to know the church) we should never give up on them, see Luke 5:1-9. Then I outlined 5 points that will help all members share the gospel.
1. Get a testimony- we can't convert anybody if we ourselves aren't converted
2. Make a family mission plan- set goals with the family about how many people we are going to invite to church or baptize this year
3. Involve the Lord- make revelation the guide to make decisions and ask the lord specifically for help with specific people EVERY DAY
4. Be diligent and active in the work- never give up and do things by your own will, see D&C 58:26-27
5- Have Charity- people will notice what we teach by who we are, see John 13:34-35?

I hope you all have a great week and apply some of these things in your lives. Happy birthday Nicole, have fun in the Cheesecake Factory!! I know the Church is true and the book is blue!!

Elder Child

P.S. Thanks for the ensigns!!!
P.S.S. We had transfers but I'm in my same area with my same comp

No comments: