Saturday, December 18, 2010

First Letter

Dear Family,
So sorry about not emailing all of you last week. I was still trying to figure out exactly how to do it here, but it's cool now. Anyways, a lot of stuff has happened since last Monday. Well I guess I should start with my companion Elder Jones. Like I said before we are quite the opposite from each other. He's a zooie and i'm not, he's short, very talkative, knows it all, and knows everybody here because he went to BYU. I think that fact is the most disturbing because he stops and talks to everybody all day and we end up missing stuff. It's not that big of a deal it's just that all the people I know is Elder Young and Elder Broadbent. And he's very unorganized, which is something I'm trying to live with. So now you know Elder Jones. Well the food sucks. That's not completely true. It's pretty good tasting, it's just very bad for you. I was very strict about not eating alot of it which was easy at first but now i find that i'm hungier after i eat, which is a bad sign. A wierd thing though, today at the temple i tightened my belt another notch, which would mean i'm getting skinnier? Maybe it's all the work...Prrr...I'm slowly learning the Spanish. I've probably learned more in the first week than i did in all of high school. We're learning the lessons too, they're kind of hard to adapt to every single different person, but it's coming along. Hey, here's some good news... I got my travel plans to Peru! Ya that's right, we're leaving Nov. 24 at 9:45 and going to Atlanta, then to Peru. I should get in at 11:40 Lima time. so that's like 4 hours to atlanta then 8 to peru. That doesn't necessarily mean i have my visa though, so let's hope so. YES, i DID get my license, so thanks mom. Sorry to hear about Marlin, that sounds really scary. It's a good thing you guys have the address on the phones. I'm so glad to hear that job opportunity Nicole; Heavenly Father answers prayers because that's what i've been praying for. Thanks for the Jazz and Utes updates, that sounds really exciting about the "Comeback Kids". I think it's about time Lucy put herself to bed though (funny story, I dreamed about Lucy before I dreamed about any of you haha). Thanks for the picture with Chad and Jen, that made me happy. Oh, so last Sunday, Sheri Dew gave a great talk at our Devotional about Know Who We Are as Children of God, then on Tuesday Elder Bednar gave the best talk I've ever heard on Learning Doctrine at our Fireside. So that's about it for me... oh i gave the sacrament prayer in spanish on sunday, it was pretty hard actually. Thanks for all of your support and prayers, it has really helped me. I was having a hard time for awhile but i'm getting better. I've really fell in love with the Book of Mormon and i testify of it's power to answer your souls question and give peace.
Love,
Elder Child
P.S. I want to send pictures but i'm not exactly sure how, i'll try and figure it out. I might send my memory card in the mail or something and you guys can send it back.
P.S.S Sorry alex i don't know your email
P.S.S.S Ohhhh! send letters to me every day Because i'll look really cool to my district. Make up fake girl names to make them jealous.
Peace!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: