Monday, April 16, 2012

Good Times in Palacios

Hey Family,
So this week I was able to hear about all your lives and some other friends too so I don't have a ton of time to write this week but you'll have to forgive me. Thanks for all your support and all your prayers, I feel them everyday. I'm excited that Alex is finally going to get his Eagle and that he passed his Board of Review, that's cool. That's lame that Kentucky won the college basketball championship, but hey at least it wasn't BYU!! I finally saw the Easter egg pictures and laughed that my siblings are still little kids. All I have to say is that this week was really good. I'm pretty happy here and am starting to really love my companion, he's hilarious.

Well, the coolest thing that happened was that we had another baptism!!! That's always cool. His name is Cluver, I think I already talked about him. He is probably the most prepared person I've ever met to hear the gospel. I baptized him on Saturday at 6:00 and was an unforgettable experience. We got special permission to confirm him Saturday after the baptism and he wanted me to confirm him too. I really felt the love of our savior in those moments. I know that it is through his sacrifice and blood that we can become clean from sin. Cluver gave one of the best testimonies I've heard about being prepared to hear the gospel. The coolest thing about him is that he was just so willing to live by all the commandments when we taught him about them. He just kept saying, "I'll do it. I know it will be a little hard to live by these commandments, but I'll do my part." He was super sad in his life before we met him, but he immediately felt our Father's love for him by listening to us. He now is more sure of his life and can forget all the things that he did in his life before!!!

We finally were able to get the support of our ward. They were actually pretty awesome this week in doing the Baptismal Service and providing refreshments, filling the font and even cleaning up afterward!! It was pretty amazing. I just want to thank anybody who does anything to help the missionaries in the churh, your sacrifices will never go unnoticed. Something that a member told us this week really stuck with me. He said, "Most people think that our jobs as members is to help the missionaries when they come into the ward. But really we should be thinking, how can the missionaries help us to complete our ward mission plan." That's a little different. Most people think that they need to help us accomplish our "mission", but really the Lord wants the ward members and ward council to have their own missionary goals and when the missionaries get there the ward should be thinking, "How can they help us accomplish OUR goals". I know that if that happens in a ward they will work so much more efficiently.

I really feel like we're working well, and we're seeing the fruits of our labors. I'm also grateful for the families who give us food! Two families fed us this week, and they cooked so good! I hope all goes well for you all this week. Have a good week and keep the faith!!

Love,

Elder Child

P.S. I'm good on shoes thankfully so don't worrry about it. I think I'll just make whatever repairs I need here in the mission till I get home!!!
P.S.S. If you can, it would be nice to get a November Ensign of Conference and also the May Ensign of Conference in ENGLISH. They didn't give it to us in English this past conference and the next one won't come till like JULY so ya.
P:S:S:S Oh, my computer is being so stupid right now so I can't send the pictures from the baptism, sorry. NExt week though I should do it.

No comments: