Friday, October 12, 2012

He Does Listen

Hey family,

Thanks for all your letters, thoughts, prayers, and concerns I know I've really been strengthened by you all this week. This week was one of working in the Lords vineyard like always and I definately had a ton of spiritual experiencias with the members and investigators. Thanks for updating me on the weather over there in Zion, fall is a special time of year. Here its pretty much just overcast everyday (kind of boring). We're just entering spring here so its starting to warm up a little bit. I definately am glad that I'm going home the first part of november becuase as it gets warmer there comes a ton of mosquitos too and I do not want to live through that adventure.

So I got to know my comp a little more this week. Like I said he's pretty new, 3 months in the mission. He's from Paraguay and he's older than me, 24. We get along pretty well becuase he's pretty mature and level headed. Pretty much all of my comps have been pretty immature, even the ones older than me, so I've had to keep them planted on the earth most of the time. Its a good change to be able to concentrate on the work more and more every day. We've had some good experiences teaching together and he's already taught me a ton about how to follow the spirit and also about respecting people's agency. We aren't called here to force those around us to accept the gospel, we're here to invite them with the spirit, but if they don't want to accept it we just have to keep on talking to others who do. 

I feel really blessed by my Father in Heaven. I remember a talk President Monson gave when he was a little kid in the Great Depression and saved up 5 dollars but then lost it in the wash. He taught about prayer and about how God really does listen to us and loves us. This week I had a similar experience. I lost the memory card from my camera and along with some pictures that I really wanted to keep. I looked everywhere but couldn't find it. I have to admit that I was pretty sad becuase I really cherished those pictures and the memories they represented. I was praying to find it but still, nothing. I thought every thing was lost till today. I opened up my sock drawer and wouldn't you know it, there was my memory card with all those pictures I wanted! I felt so blessed in that moment. It wasn't something about life and death, but for me it was important and my Father in Heaven answered the humble prayer of one of His sons.

Things like that happen all the time to all of us. As I really ponder over that I recognize the Lord's hand in my life. We just need to remember to give thanks to God for all those little blessings we recieve everyday. I invite all of you to take some time and think about what you are grateful for. You'll have a spiritual experience I promise. This week is one of my favorites cuz its CONFERENCE!! I hope you can all listen to it. I'll be able to listen to it all in english so that's good. Have a good week everyone. Till next week.

Love,

Elder Child

P.S. Go Cards!! Please let me know what happens this week with the playoffs.

No comments: