Friday, October 12, 2012

Don't Ever Look Back

Hey Family,

I was pretty amazed at all the love I got in my inbox this morning, 11 huge letters just brimming with love and the spirit (and a little bit of sports but that's okay). I honestly have felt the savior's love for me through my family. The only problem is that I have about 10 mintues to write about my action packed fun filled week, lets go!!

So this week was pretty amazing, why you might ask? Oh I don't know probably becuase it was the GREATEST CONFERENCE EVER!!!!! There's definately not words (english or spanish) or exclamation points that can describe my feelings about conference. I laughed as the Prophet made a joke about the empty seats and his mother telling him he should have stayed with the piano (just so you know I'm having Karyn teach me the piano becuase I don't want to regret that). We were in a room with just us two americans and we were anxiously waiting for the temple announcements. He announced Tucson, Arizona then I was on the edge of my seat just waiting for what seemed like an hour then says in his prophetic voice of his "AREQUIPA, PERU"!!!! You could say we were a little bit pleased by that announcement! We both immediately jumped out of our chairs and starting yelling for joy. This missionary is going home with me, we've been together in the mission for two years and is a real friend of mine. We embraced and the the tears came easily as I thought about all the work we've been doing here for the past two years of my life!! I know that Thomas S. Monson is truly a prophet of God. I bear my testimony as the Lord's representative that He calls inspired men to do His work and that it is just that, His work. I've experienced more blessings and spiritual experiences in the last two years that I wouldn't trade it for the best job offer or the best sports offer. 

Needless to say that the entire conference spoke to me in a way that most people can't comprehend becuase just being in this service then feeling that connection with your mission and the Lord is something I will never experience ever again. My favorite talks were from Elder Nelson, Pres. Eyring, Elder Holland and of course the prophet. I heard that talk from Elder Holland when he gave it to the missionaries in the MTC teaching them to never go inactive after serving a mission but he once again spoke to my soul as he reiterated that for the entire church. My friend from St. George Elder Carr also loved the talk becuase Elder Holland is also from his home town of Santa Clara so that was special. 

Well, that's about it this week. Sorry about not writing more but my physical disablilities (and mental) at the keyboard keep me from typing more in just a few minutes. Keep the faith, be strong and trust your whole lives to the Lord. He has a plan and everything happens becuase he knows what's best for us. Can't wait to tell you everything else that happened this past week when we meet again.

Love,

Your Son,

And Brother,

Elder Child

No comments: