Monday, September 10, 2012

They Got Hitched

Hey Family,

Thanks for your letters this week about your lives in the good ole
USA. I'm glad to hear everybody is okay and happy. I'm loving it here in my new area now. It's not as cold as it was when I got here. I can imagine how crazy humid it gets though in the summer and I'm glad I wont be here when all that goes down.That makes me very happy that the  Utes won there opener just hope Utah State doesn't pull anything off. Luckily I'm in a zone where there aren't any BYU football fans so I don't have to hear any of that this year. My week was super busy and a little bit tiring but it was awesome at the same time.

First of all I have to tell you about the wedding and the baptism. Its
official, THEY GOT HITCHED!!! So lets start from the beggining of that day becuase it was kind of crazy. My comp got sick and was like super weak and discouraged the entire day. It was kind of frustrating becuase I wanted to help him and take it easy but we had to go pick up  the couple, pick up the witnesses and a whole bunch of other stuff. We were with some other missionaries that morning so we gave him a blessing and in the end it all turned out okay, he didn't die.

So they were supposed to get married Friday at 2:00 pm by the mayor.
  And his secretary was like, hey we don't like to marry mormons becuase they always show up late, if you guys aren't here at 2:15 the mayor is leaving... So my comp and I go over the the couple's house at like 1:45 and we're like ya let's go. The daughter comes out and says, hey my dad was like crying this morning and says he doesn't want to get married and he's still in his pajamas so they might not get married. I FLIPPED OUT!!!!!!!!!!! I was like, ya go tell them that if they don't come down here in five minutes I will drag them to the town hall and they're getting married wether they like it or not!!! So she was like, okay calm down gringo I'll tell them. So at like 1:55 they come downstairs all dressed and we go over to the town hall, crisis avoided.

We got there on time but the witnesses didn't. The second witness
didn't get there till 2:14 and like 58 seconds and I was about to have a heart attack!!! But anyways we all got there and so we go in and the secretary is like, thanks for coming, could you do me a favor and go to the mayor's house and tell him to get over here?!! I was about to die from the whole sarcasm of the day!! The Lord really does have a good sense of humor becuase of all the trials he put me though before the wedding and the mayor isn't even in his office to marry the people!

The wedding was more of a business meeting than anything. They had to
  sign a whole bunch of papers. The mayor is actually a cool guy and he kept referring to us in the wedding."Well, you guys made a good decision and the missionaries will be there to tell you how to make it all good with GOD, so keep going to church." I thought that was funny becuase he really doesn't have any power to bind those two people but in a holy temple of the Lord we can make those promises and recieve those blessings. They were pronounced man and wife and I took a deep breath of relief.

Eliceo, the groom investigator then got baptized. I wish I could tell
you all that happened to get that baptism ready but the time doesn't permit me. Just know that it wasn't that easy. Luckily a few members showed up and it was a good service. They then had their little reception and I was glad we have  a branch that actually cares about these kinds of things becuase there was cake, music and dancing.

All in all I really saw the Lord's hand in my life this week. We found an awesome family of 5 on Tuesday and hopefully they can get baptized on the 22 of September!!! I'm also learning quechua with my comp, an indiginious peruvian language, it's pretty cool.

I hope you all have a good week. Be careful on your vacation to San
Fran mom and dad. Get ready for conference now, start thinking about all the stuff in your life that your want answers to and listen to the prophet!!

Till next week,


Love,


Elder Child


P.S. My comp thinks he's a shark and always bites me, that's like
Karyn class wierd!!!

No comments: