Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Transfers

Hey My Awesome Family,

I've actually really enjoyed reading all your letters this week and I was so excited to hear about the Brigham City temple dedication. I don't now if its a sin but I always brag to people here about the fact that there are 15 temples in Utah, I do it to try to encourage them to actually magnify their callings and do what they are supposed to. I can't remember if there are other future temples in Utah but I'm sure the Lord will put more around the world according to the obedience of His sons and daughters. You guys kind of made me trunky talking about the beutiful fall weather and the leaves turning colors. I'm pretty lucky to see a tree with leaves here in Peru, well at least this part of Peru that is. Thanks for always updating me about my grandparents and other extended family members. I really do love my grandpa and my grandma. I know they are in good hands and the Lord will protect them while we grandsons are on missions but my heart really does go out to them when they are down in health.

This week was pretty crazy to say the least (I feel like I always say that at one point or another in my letters). Monday was just like any other p-day without playing soccer. I really do love the mission but I'm glad I'm going home in six weeks so I can play some basketball or something! It was pretty funny though becuase an Elder that just went home gave away all his stuff to the Elders in the zone, I just kept thinking how fast the time goes by. Tuesday was crazy becuase yet again we had to wake up early and travel to go to interviews with the mission President. I'm usually a little nervous when we have interviews with him becuase he is very strict but this time we just talked like old time friends. He told me a lot of things that I can't really share in an email but I was really grateful for the chance I had to hear from him that I have his support in my area and with my companion.

Speaking of companions, my comp was awesome. I say was becuase in that interview he told us ahead of time that Elder Pino was going to have transfers =( Transfers were this week and he advised him of his transfers on Tuesday. Elder Pino is now working in the mission office! I know he'll do great there. That's a place where they can't really work and have to do a lot of stressful work but they are blessed in their areas. The good thing was that we had the whole week to say goodbye to all the members, but the bad news is that we had to say goodbye. He was probably my best companion as far as obedience and spirituality is concerned but I was only with him for a month and a half.

My new comp just got here and he is a fairly new missionary too. He's been in the mission almost two months and he is from Paraguay. I've seriously only been able to get that much out of him in the little time we've been together so I'll fill you all in about him next week. I really hope we are able to work well together in the next six weeks but eventually he will have to "kill" me.

Looking back on some experiences in the mission I feel like I haven't been perfect and that I've lost some experiences becuase of my youthful errors but then I start to remember what the Lord has done for me and I'm filled with His spirit. I know He lives and loves us. I am so grateful for the chance I have to repent and start over new. I hope I can please Him in all that I do and can make Him proud. Love you all tons, hope you all have a good week. I heard the Utes lost so I guess I'm not that mad at Alex for not emailing because I'm sure he's not happy either.

Your Son and Bro,

Elder Child

No comments: