Thursday, July 19, 2012

Happy Birthday Elder Bastidas

Hey Family,

Its so great to hear from you all this week. I love to hear that you're all doing well and that the summer is in full swing. I wish we could get some of that heat here at night. Its usually really nice during the day but right when the sun goes down it gets really chilly. Its like some great fall weather but without all the leaves on the grass. It made me laugh the other day becuase one of the kids we live with, Josemit, had to "rake the leaves" it was like half a garbage bag full of leaves in their tiny yard. He was complaining about it all then I told him how it is at our house and he just grabbed the rake and started again, it was funny. That's probably something I'm not looking forward to when I get back home though. Speaking of coming home I think there was a little bit of a mis communication last week. If I remember right Karyn asked me when I was coming home and I responded Wednesday November 7th. That is my guess as to when I'll be home becuase the North Americans ALWAYS get home on the Wednesday after the last transfers. BUT if I extend I'll be coming home right around christmas (six weeks later), so I can't say for sure If I'll be home on the 7th or not, it's just a guess. Sorry for not writing to the whole family about the matter, its not a verified fact from my mission president so I'll just have to wait and see. Thanks for your concern, when I know 100% I'll be sure to write the whole family in the same email. But hey if its a hassle to come to the airport that day I guess I could just take a taxi like mom suggested.

Anyways, this week was pretty awesome for us. Like we usually do we played soccer as a zone last monday and had a good time. I actually scored like three goals left footed so that was probably like a little accomplishment for me especially since I'm right footed. We had some pretty cool experiences this week doing splits with a bunch of elders in the zone. Its always fun to get to know other elders and learn from them and their style of teaching. I was with the Elder from Idaho on Tuesday and then an Elder from Ecuador on Thursday. I just love how the Lord knows who we work best with and who needs to be our regular companion. I've learned a lot from Elder Bastidas and love to be around him, usually. There's always those MOMENTS when we disagree but we usually get along really well and he is HILARIOUS. He is known as the uncontrollable ADHD jokester in the mission and of course we get put together cuz I'm exactly the opposite!!! It was his 25th birthday on Friday the 13th and we had a good time. We visited a couple of members and they threw eggs on him (a peruvian tradition-actually I think its in all of southamerica)!!! Our "mom" gave us pizza and cake that night too and that was special. I also sang him a birthday song along with the other kid that we live with, it was pretty funny because it was total improv and sounded horrible!!!

I know without a doubt that this is the Lord's work. This week we should have our two baptisms. Paola and Monica. They are so special. They are accepting all of the commandments and living by them and are excited about their baptism on Saturday. Paola still needs permission from her dad but they say he is happier about the decision now which is an absolute miracle. This guy didn't even want to see us or want us in his house but now he is changing his mind a little. We'll just keep praying, I know that he will soften his heart. We were able to give talks in sacrament meeting, again. I talked a bit about the normal and natural way to share the gospel. The ex mission president of this mission also gave a 20 minute talk so I got saved a little bit on time but the spirit was there. I love the promise that Jesus gave his disciples in 3 Nephi 28:9-10. I know he will help us and bless us if our desire is to bring souls unto Him.

Love,

Elder Child










No comments: