Thursday, June 21, 2012

Happy Father's Day

What up family?

Its soo good to hear from all of you (well almost all of you) this week. I just wanted to wish you all a super happy Father's Day!!! I hope it was all good. I heard about the baseball oriented gifts and was so jealous!! Also heard that church was fun for mom!!! ALSO heard that you went to Red Iguana the other day and now I'm hungry. It's amazing the influence you guys have on me more than 4000 miles away from home.

Well this week was actually pretty great. I really enjoyed a lot of the experiences we've had in this area this week. To start off we were able to play soccer with a couple other zones this past monday. I got to see a few companions that I haven't seen for more than a year (wow how time flies). Although it kind of made me depressed to see some of them leaving in three weeks!!! That just reminds me of Dallin who is coming home in less than 20 days!!!! (I feel like I'm using the exclamation mark button a little too much). Hands down we have the best overall zone playing soccer. I myself am not too shabby =) Although I would love to play some baseball.

I got to do splits with my zone leaders this week and it went great. I was with an Elder Erhard from Idaho. He goes home a month earlier than I do. He's a huge Giants fan so he was pretty excited to hear about that Perfect Game. We had a super spiritual lesson with an investigator that is so close to getting baptized. We worked really hard to reach our goals that day and we did it. Late that night as we were about to go home we found two really cool families that live close to our house. We were blessed to find them and they have potencial. As of right now not a lot has happened with them but in the future they could totally be getting baptized and in the temple (we have to think of the people like that).

This past week we've been working a ton in the really humble and poor part of our area. There's a ton of houses built on these desert hills on the edge of our area and the people are pretty receptive. We were
definately lead by the spirit on Friday as we looked for the people that need the Gospel. We talked to a father that was traumatized by an accident that his daughter suffered the day before. The 10 month little baby fell down the cement stairs and he felt really guilty. He recognized us as true servants of the Lord and immediately thanked us for our little words of comfort. He recognized his need to listen to the gospel and come back to God. Then a little while later we found a lady who had lost her little girl about two months ago. She didn't tell that to us right away but after a little while she broke down and told us her experience. We talked about the resurrection and was shedding tears of joy. She was so interested that her little girl would be just as perfect and beautiful as she was in this life.

I know without a doubt that God has given us this Plan to make us have Happiness. I know that our Savior came to earth and died for our sins and that He lives!!! I know this church is true and have gained that
undoubtable testimony by reading the Book of Mormon. Pray about it, our Father in Heaven hears us and answers our prayers. 


Until next week.

Love,

Your Son and Brother,

Elder Richie Child

P.S. Happy Flag day last Thursday

No comments: