Monday, June 4, 2012

Finally the Ensign!

Hey Family,

Its been super good to hear from each one of you this week. I was surprised to see more than 11 emails in my inbox, like the first time that's ever happened. I was so happy to hear that the graduation went over well (at least for alex) and the Eagle Court of Honor was a good experience. I'm glad you decided to read my letter and feel honored to have been a part of the ceremony.

Well, I don't have a ton of time but there's some stuff worth mentioning from this week. First of all, thanks for the Ensigns!! Such a blessing!!! I love to read the words of the modern prophets. I recieved a ton of revelation, one is that the most recent words of the prophets are the most applicable. We should start there, make changes in our lifes, then if we need more information or revelation we should read the older words of the prophets about the same subject.

This sunday was pretty cool becuase I finally heard a good testimony from one of the members. Not only did he speak from his heart, his words touched my spirit. He told a story about the barber. "One day a man went into the local barber shop to get his hair cut. The barber knew his neighbor was an active participant in his church. So he started to speak his feelings about the existence of God. 'There's no way God exists. With how much evil, crime, war, contention, people hurt and hungry and children suffering, how could a loving God let that happen? Its just a foolish belief.' The neighbor sat and thought for a moment then responded, 'Then barbers don't exist either.' 'How is that possible, I'm right here,' the barber responds. 'Well look at how many young men have super long, unkempt hair and beards that are overgrown. How is it possible that such sloppy men walk the street if there was a barber?' 'That's becuase they don't go to the barber.' 'Exactly. If there's bad things in this world its becuase people don't come to god. They don't allow him to cut out the bad in their lives and heal the injuries.'"

I really liked that story. This week he had a zone conference with our mission president and he talked a ton about repentance. When we put everything at the lord's feet and promise to change, he understands us, he helps us, he forgives us. I know this to be true becuase of how imperfect I am. That is the promise that our Savior gives to each one of us.

I hope your week goes really well and all are happy. Peru lost 
yesterday to Columbia in soccer. My comp is happy though.


Elder Child

No comments: