Saturday, December 10, 2011

Christmas Devotional

Hey Family,

I'm so glad to hear about all of your lives out there in the Northern
Hemisphere. I'm actually a little jealous of the cool lights and
decorations for Christmas along with the snow. I wouldn't want to live
there, but to visit would be nice. I'm going to have to rethink living
with my family after the mish there in Salt Lake. Maybe you guys could
move to St. George, that would be acceptable on my part.

I kind of got carried away with writing to my peeps so I don't have an
eternity to write the family letter, sorry. Let's jump in to the good
stuff. We should be having a baptism this week!!! She's the cousin of
a member. Her name is Marisol and she just moved here two weeks ago.
The member brought her to church and we were like, Hey do you want to
get baptized, and she said of course. No, so it didn't go exactly like
that, but after a couple of visits, she's pretty excited to get
baptized. I don't want to go overboard, but if everything goes
perfectly and they have a testimony, we might have two more
baptisms!!! I'll just be praying really hard along with my companion
for that to go alright.

This past week nothing crazy or out of the ordinary really happened. I
was actually glad for that becuase we were able to do some good work.
We actually had a lot of lessons this week, not a ton of people
totally fell through on thier appointments. I can testify that if we
are diligent, the Lord will bless us. Now, the hard part and the part
that most people forget, is to keep the same level of
work/diligence/humility/
patience when we get blessed with a little bit
of success. I'm really going to focus on that this week.

Oh, so last night was so cool!! Why you might ask? Probably becuase I
got to see and listen to a real prophet of God!!!!! Not a lot of
people get that opportunity so I feel really blessed. Every single
night I thank my Father in Heaven for the home I was born into and for
the Gospel in my life. I can't say for certain that I would accept the
missionaries at my doorstep but God knows why I was raised in the
Church. The Christmas Devotional was really good. I really loved the
stories, the lights, decorations, and of course the cool movie they
showed. We were going to watch it at the church, but we had to go
teach a lesson. We went to the lesson and it turns out that they have
BYU TV on cable so we watched the live feed (8:00 pm our time) of the
Christmas Devotional. The family really liked it and I hope it softens
thier hearts becuase this is a family that has heard the gospel many
times and has family that are members but haven't accepted it yet.
Also, super exciting was that I saw my cousin Scott on tv playing the
trombone!!! I was soo excited and told the family that he is my
cousin!!!

Well, its all good here in Peru and unfortunately my time is gone,
Thank you for your prayers and support back at home.

I know that the Lord is always aware of us.

Love,

Elder Child

No comments: