Monday, August 8, 2011

New Comp

Hey familia,

What is going on with every single person in my home? I was so happy
to hear about your trip to Denver and I kind of wish I was there to
see the game. I bet that drive was pretty cool. I wish I could see
some trees and wilderness out here in Arequipa. They have mountains
but they're all like barren desert mountains, not really that cool to
look at. I'm finally talking a little bit more with Dallin so it's
funny to hear that Nicole saw Diane and Cody the other day. He's doing
really good it seems like. He says it's super cold in his area while
over here in Arequipa it's always hot and sunny. That's not true, it
does get a little chilly at night with the wind, but I tough it out. }

Like I said last time, I got a white companion, Elder Whitmer. He's
from pretty much Sacramento California. He lived in Monterrey too.
He's pretty cool I guess. He's got 17 months in the
mission and is the District Leader so yes, technically, he is the
senior companion. But a lot of the time he doesn't do anything until I
tell him too. I have to remind him like 80 times to do something
before he does it, or I'll just make the executive decision to do
something. He also tries to speak very fast so the people here are
always looking at me to translate his spanish into an accent they can
understand. But, all in all we should be doing good here in this
month.

A really cool experience we had this week was on Saturday. We were
walking to see a kid whose brother is a member just to see if he was
home and we found a girl sitting on the back of a car and talking on
her cell phone. Usually we don't naturally just start talking to
people if they are on thier cell phones, but this time was different.
We started talking to her and she was really interested. She said she
knows a lot of members and was talking to member of the ward of my
comp's old area. She has always wanted to know more about the church
and is interested in a baptizm like Jesus Christ. We also placed a
really for sure baptismal date for the boyfriend of a member of our
ward. He will get baptized on the 28th of August.

Well, my time was a little short today becuase I wrote to Josh Liddle
and to Karyn. I wish you all well, I'm doing good. I haven't gotten an
email from alex in like 3 weeks but i do get them sometimes. Hi alex,
you are important to me. Nicole, don't keep going on dates with
married men, we as missionaries have to deal with the repurcussions of
that on a daily basis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!hahahahah.

Have a good week, read your scrips, have fhe, say your prayers, watch
some baseball, keep me updated on the Utes, and lock your doors.

With Amor,

Elder Child

No comments: