Monday, August 22, 2011

Happy Birthday Sister Karyn!!!!!!!!!

¿Como Estaís Familia?

Hey everybody, I was so glad to get all of your emails this week. It
is so good to finally hear from Alex and some of the things that he is
doing. Your pictures were pretty crazy and of course I laughed a lot.
You kind of made me miss chinese food with all the P.F. Chang's stuff
there but that's okay. I can't believe its been almost a year since my
last birthday, they time really does just fly by. I hope that Nicole
gets used to her job at IHC and that everthing goes okay, please have
any future boyfriends email so that I can internet-interview the boy.
I still have to watch out for my big sis even though I'm 5000 miles
away from ya'll. Anyways, sorry about the food poisoning from Taco
Bell (mexicans don't have that great of food, look for Peruvian fast
food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). No, I actually do know what it's like to be
sick like that for an extended period of time. Get better soon. I'm
pretty jealous of all the new sheets and blankets and what not for
your birthday.

This week was pretty cool. We finally had a baptism of a 18 almost 19
year old girl. She's actually a really good investigator. She reads,
goes to church, and actually showed up by her own will to come to the
interview and the baptism. The baptism was pretty crazy though.
Absolutely nobody showed up from our ward to do the baptism so we had
to ask a worker that was painting the outside of the church to come
and join us. He did, and then we finally had the baptism. I had to do
it 3 times, but she finally got baptized. The most interesting thing
that happened this week just happened this morning. We had a whole
mission conference this morning with some special guests. Elder Uceda,
Elder Hallstrom and Elder Oaks gave us a little conference. It was
really cool to hear the words of a prophet of the lord and to shake
his hand too. The coolest thing that he said, that I really felt, was
that in all the matters of the church the Area presidency, the
seventies, the apostles and the counselors of the first presidency
have a say. Everybody has a voice and an opinion, except for temples.
The decision to place a new temple on the earth is a matter only
between the Savior and his Prophet on the earth. He is the only one
that recieves that revelation.  It was cool to feel the power in his
voice when he bore witness of the prophet and of the savior. I learned
a lot and am grateful for his words.

Thanks for all the prayers and all the support. Today i'm going to get
the package so I hope it's good. The work must go on and send my
thanks to all the ward members for their support too.

Elder Child

No comments: