Monday, August 1, 2011

Happy Birthday Dad!!!

Hey Familia,
I was glad to finally be able to read your emails this week. I was a
little late at being able to get to a computer today becuase of
transfers. Anyways, that's awesome to hear that you are going to be
able to see a baseball game in Denver this week. One thing I actually
miss about this time of year in the States is all the baseball that is
going on. I don't know much about what's going on in the baseball
world but I still love it. I'm proud of Dad for telling people like it
really is at Sacrament Meeting. We all need to be more reverent at
sacrament meeting in order to feel the spirit. I read a talk in the
conference edition of the Ensign by Elder Cook and he said that the
Sacrament Meeting is our most sacred meeting. Really we gain salvation
through partaking of the sacrament every week, we should take it that
seriously. That's one of the jobs of a bishop too is to warn people
and encourage them to be better, even if he's not popular.

Well, you're all probably asking why it took so long to finally get to
the emails this week. That's becuase this morning we had transfers. My
companion went this time to a place called Moqeuga. It's about two or
three hours from Arequipa. It is the only place I do not want to go
becuase it is soooo hot there. I was making really good friends with
Elder Ventura too. Even though it was sad to see him go, it's part of
the mission, part of life. So he left at 7:00 in the morning and my
new companion was coming from Tacna, which is the furthest away from
Arequipa, like 6 hours. So I had to wait till he got there before I
could come to email you all. His name is Elder Whitmer and I know he's
from the States, just not sure which one. I seriously met him like 15
minutes ago so I'll go and get to know him more this week.

This week was actually really interesting because we actually had a
baptism. It was unplanned at the beginning of the week but we found
out on Tuesday that we could actually have two. We have been teaching
a family where the Dad and one of the daughters are members but the
Mom and the other daughter are not. We taught the family again on
Tuesday and they said they wanted to get baptized this week. That was
really cool becuase we weren't really expecting it. So we taught them
everything thing this past week. The only problem is that the Mom and
the Dad are not married, so she could not get baptized this week. But
we are planning thier wedding for the 13th of August and hopefully she
can get baptized that same day. We'll have to see more becuase it's a
little complicated to organize weddings, but I'm sure that the Lord
will help us to get this done if it is his will.

Other than the baptism, this week was pretty normal. We did teaching
like always and trying to find new investigators and things like that.
The only challenge is that the people here commit to coming to church
and we plan to pick them up, but then they aren't home, aren't ready,
can't come, have to do stuff; it kind of gets irritating after awhile.
I seriously hope that another part member family will come through
this week, come to church, and get baptized this month. That's three
baptisms, and two Melchezidek Priesthood holders.

Thank you for all of your love and support, I feel the blessing
everyday. I'm also very grateful for the package you sent me, I'll be
waiting for it patiently.  If you can, keep me updated on the sports
world, just something I miss is all. I hope everything works out for
Dad's Birthday, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD, I love you!!!!!!! Be faithful and
do cool things with your lives.

Love,

Your son and brother,

Elder Child

No comments: