Wednesday, March 7, 2012

El Palacio (Palace)

Hey Everybody,
What's going on family, good or what? (That's how Elder Parra always said hi to people). I'm glad to hear that alls good in Gringolandia and that FINALLY you got some snow. My belief in the end of the world this december has diminished a little bit with that news. I hear Karyn is doing all right down there in Cedar, I hope she gets that scholarship. Also, I was a little surprised that Nicole got a new car, I guess that job is treating her pretty well. I'm excited for all of the good news.

This week was actually pretty crazy. So right after I got to my new area, I wrote you all. After I got off the computer the zone leaders were like, "Hey did your other zone leaders tell you the news?" I was like, "What news?" You were just called as DISTRICT LEADER! I was pretty surprised and taken off guard becuase they usually tell you that with your transfers. I was so humbled to be given this new assignment. I honestly wasn't expecting that becuase I thought that I was one of the least prepared people to do that. I have searched for the Lord's help even more this week and have felt His hand right there with me. Leaders have to call people and make sure everybody is safe and working well so it takes more effort at night. I was thinking that there is no way I could do that becuase I usually get home and I'm exhausted. This week, I had all the energy in the world and was able to fulfill my calling the best I knew how. Pretty much every day I just barely had time to think that its finally time to sleep and got into bed, closed my eyes and bam! already dreaming. I know that the Lord will help you fulfill your calling. The thing about having a leadership assignment in the mission is that nobody really tells you all the specifics about how to be a leader so you just have to recieve the Lord's help and follow the spirit on some stuff. I really had no idea how to do some of the stuff so I know I'm not perfect but that's how we learn.

My area is sooo rich!!!! I was stunned to see how many houses had gates, electric garage door openers, lawns, plants, pitched roofs and cars. Most of our investigators live in gated communities and we have to check in with the security guard before going in. It was the first time in 16 months that I've heard a lawnmower!!!! That was definately a cool experience. We live like 20 feet away from the church so that's cool. It is the smallest chapel I've ever seen!! There's room for about 50 people in the chapel. There's like 4 classrooms, the bishop's office, the secretary's office and the bathroom, that's it. What's ironic about that is that there are actually a lot of members that come to church (probably 80) and they are all super wealthy. Like half the people know english and a quarter of the people have been to the states. One lady used to live in the Avenues and we are going to eat mexican food in her house next sunday (first time in like forever).

All in all this week was pretty awesome. We have a lot of support from the members and we are getting references. I hope we continue to find, teach, and baptize here in order to build the Kingdom. Sorry, my time's a little short becuase I wrote Karyn and Nicole so I have to say bye. Keep the faith and have some spiritual experiences. Can't wait to get the Valentine's package in July!!!!!!

Love,

Elder Child

No comments: