Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Not My Fault

Querido Familia,
¿Que tal? ¿Todo bien? Estoy perdido por las palabras este semana
entonces voy a escribir todo en Castellano, ¿està bien con ustedes?
No, sorry about that, but it's true. It seems like the weeks just keep
on getting faster and faster. This week, unfortunately was a little
boring. Not a whole lot happened in the way of exciting events, but
I'll try to sound interesting. Would you all be mad at me if I just
wrote a short letter and call it good this week? Ya, probably not, I
know.

Monday was pretty cool just because I was able to find a camera. The
bad thing was that I had to spend money, I always hate to do that. It
wasn't too bad, $250, so I'm not too worried. My camera isn't EXACTLY
the same but it's close. If you're wondering why I had to buy a new
camera it's becuase my got stolen two weeks ago right after
conference. I guess we have to make some sacrifices to listen to the
prophet. And, I think I said this before, we can only take pictures on
Mondays, so I didn't have it on me. Also, on Monday, I got a haircut.
Elder Ruggiero did it with a buzzer. He did a pretty good job, but
there's only so much you can do with the hair clippers. My hair is
definately WAY longer than it used to be. I got a 7 on the top and 6
on the sides. I don't have to use gel, I just do a little part. But
after my hair cut I went to take a shower to wash all the cut hair out
of my head and the water heater on the shower broke. It wasn't my
fault I swear, but everybody thinks it is, so I was shunned for a
little while. I was unshunned later (haha). But anyways, that shower
was very cold, I got used to the hot water for the past 3 months. That
was the one temporal blessing we had in the house at Characato. Now,
all the showers are freezing. It really wakes me up in the mornings. I
can't complain though, becuase there are missionaries who take cold
showers for two whole years.

Tuesday was pretty sweet. We have District Meetings on Tuesdays and I
saw one of my friends from the CCM. Elder Zoller from Simi Valley
California. He's super cool and nice. It turns out that he has some
glasses that are exactly the perscription that I need. My eyes are
getting a tiny bit more near sighted. So, he just gave me his glasses,
he has another pair. They work pretty darn good, but I only need them
when I need to read things far away, but they're nice to have. Also, I
recieved your card and pictures with the letter from Nicole. I was so
excited to get it. I opened it up and thought it was just going to be
a "Just Becuase Card". That would have been funny, but mean at the
same time. I was glad to hear about Nicole's work and to see Alex's
birthday.

Thursday was a little bad because my comp got his new pills for his
stomach. Apparently he has a bacteria that eats his stomach and
intenstines. He took the eight pills that he has to take every day but
then he got sick from his pills. We stayed home that day so it was a
little boring. But, that day we also helped one of our neighbors did a
huge trench from one side of the road to the other. He's digging this
5 foot deep, 30 foot long trench becuase he has no water in his house.
So the government told him that he could did a trench and hook a pipe
up to the water main and put water in his house. That's a little
different than what would happen in the States, right? We felt good to
help him though. A lot of our neighbors have to do the same thing.
It's crazy to see the seven or eight trenches being dug all down our
street.

Friday we were able to get a new Birth Certificate for Santos so he
can get married. The plan is to get an ID and all the marriage papers
done this week so he can get married and baptized next week. He and
his wife Erika are very special. They don't have a lot of problems for
us to fix, but they believe everything we are telling them, and they
read thier scripture and pray, so that's cool. They came to conference
and to church too, so we are happy about that.

Sunday was very exciting for me. We started church a little late, but
that doesn't matter becuase we can start church whenever people show
up. We had to start with a few people but as the meeting went on, like
10 of our investigators showed up, without us having to go get them.
The Lord truly blessed us with that, becuase they can't get baptized
whithout going to church first. We had a good meeting too. Elder Davey
gave a good talk about the atonement and all that Christ suffered for
us. It touched the hearts of some of our investigators and I like it
too.

With some extra time that I had this week, I was able to write some
letters. So just wait about a week and a half until you get them. I'm
going to the post office today to get two packages and to send my own.
Just know I'm thinking about you all.

Like mom said in her emial to me. We all need to think about the
atonement more in our lives. It helps us through trials and
sufferings. He will always accecpt us, no matter what we do. He just
wants us to be happy. So if He will accept us with our faults,
mistakes, sins, and errors- how much important is it to accept other
people in our lives. We need to freely forgive and forget the mistakes
of other people just like Christ will forgive us. Be accepting, not
critical.

I love you all, and can't wait to hear from you next week.

Love,

Elder Child

No comments: