Monday, July 11, 2011

Letters From Home

What's going on everybody?
I'm glad you all had a good 4th of July watching fireworks, wendy's, the mall, the U, and a movie that I can't wait to see. That x-men movie is already out on video here in Peru (thanks to pirating) and I could buy it for about 70 cents but it's against mission rules, so I'll just have to wait till I get home to watch all the movies. My 4th of July was a little bit more interesting than any other p-day. We went and had lunch with some sister missionaries in my zone. One is American, so we had pancakes (that were more like crepes), brownies (first time since I can't remember), and some pizza that the peruvians made (not good, but I was grateful for the effort). Not a ton has happened this week but there was definately some exciting and unusual events.

Wednesday we painted some of our room. The Bishop and his family finally finished his kitchen and the  renovations in his house. It looks really good. We also have our wall back. So this week on Wednesday we painted some of our room. It's a good looking red, but we had to first sand down the walls. The walls here are all cement so you have to sand off the other coat of paint and the dirt off the wall in order for the new paint to stick.

Thursday was definately the best day of the week. Why? Because it was mail day, and I finally got Levi's journal and some pictures from Nicoles birthday and her trip to moab. I absolutely loved the journal, I'm so glad that it didn't get lost in the mail or anything. I also enjoyed the talk that mom wrote. I didn't seem that hard to write becuase you just mostly quoted my letters from home, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. I thought that bandanna and bumper sticker was absolutely hilarious (thanks karyn). Levi's journal helped me so much this week. His stories are pretty incredible and I thouroughly enjoyed the journal. Right now I'm at the point where he's in jail for his three wives who were sisters (kind of weird). His mission was pretty incredible. It took six months just to get to his mission. I thought it was pretty funny that there just ordained thier mission president right on the ship. Even though most of the entries are just normal every day things, it's so cool just to read about his life. Obviously I would like to see that movie that was made about the Willy handcart company.

This week we found some less active members and some of thier friends too. The work right now is kind of slow becuase our investigators aren't coming to church so we can't baptize them. Also, some of them can only meet with us like 1 or 2 times per week, so it's going slower. We were finally invited to ward council meeting these past two weeks and it's good to be informed about what's going on in the ward. We have to work more with them in order to reactivate the members and to baptized part member families.

Well, that's about it for this week and my time's up too. I hear we are going to play some basketball today so I hope that's interesting. Keep the faith and be interesting as always. It's cool to hear that alex finally got a job, Save all your money becuase there's nothing more valuable than the mission.

Love,

Elder Child

No comments: